09 August 2010

MAILBAGS!


So I went a little crazy shopping online...but some can be justified (see above)

Click the title for purchasing info (also links to author / book websites)

 book website
 An odd little book for young adults - I'm hoping it will snag some readers :)






A classic!!! I need to read this one in a jiffy (I know, I know...I saw the movie as a youngster and loved it, so I'm assuming the book is way fantastico)







Oppel - Airborn
author website
Heard really good things about this award winner.  However it is on a lot of lists of "books for boys" and this rubs me the wrong way, but that is another whole can of worms.




 Given my love for wordplay and grammar, I'm hoping this one lives up to my expectations.






Never really got into the graphic novel scene, but a lot of YA books are headed this way, and this story sounds evocative.





Gaiman (editor) - Stories
editor's website
Not sure how I stumbled upon this little gem, but I do love short stories and this one packs a punch.  Oh wait a tic, it must be through "Coraline".  A book which I haven't yet read.  Oh well, I have a good feeling about both :)



Martel - Life of Pi
publisher's website
I haven't read this award winner yet,  but I have no doubts that is will astound and amaze...okay, well maybe not that, but I'm psyched to start.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment