07 January 2015

REVIEW: Yes, Please by A. Poehler


Title: Yes, Please
Author: Amy Poehler
Genre / Pages: Nonfiction, Humour / 
Publication: e-book
Rating: 3rd shelf
Source: Chapters Indigo
Lj's plot in one pot: Leslie Knope, I mean, Amy Poehler shares her down-home wisdom, including how to be funny, how cell phones are killing us and well, other stuff.

I was so excited to read this book. Like, NKOTB concert-goers excited. Predictably, what often happens when you get ridiculously amped for something...well, I was a little let down. 

It's not that it wasn't funny, or thoughtful or relevant...it was, I just. Hmm

Okay, I felt like she was lecturing at a college campus, not chatting with a friend. She was teaching, relating, etc., just I didn't really feel like she cared.  

Anyway, it was a good read.  



No comments:

Post a Comment